My Little Friday


The state of extreme fatigue,
The sense of being lost,
here comes the glitzy Friday,
Oh! we always miss you the most!

The times when I could,
take away my mind,
from the meaningless internal conflicts.
the conflicts that do nothing but brutally bind.

The conflicts that you come across,
after generations of hard work,
and generations of eccentricity,
that defined and re-defined love and beauty.

Yet, the people who were my inspiration,
wrote about and garnered admiration,
by writing about love, beauty and,
strength to stick by one's views.

I am wondering now,
if that actually is so true?
I watch everyday,
the beauty being eaten up,
by the beasts of life and times,
The love being bought,
by the things,
that are not sublime,
and, sticking to views,
is as sleazy as a suicide,
you read them,
and somehow life seems,
so very little to be sufficed!

So, here I come,
my little Friday,
when there is no worry for me,
to think about these conflicts,
and, life is as simple,
as it actually seems!


Copyright © 2013 Ankita Kashyap

Comments

Popular Posts